Direct mail is absolute, hands down, unequivocally, the very best medium for marketing your health club. There is no better medium available when it comes to profiling your deconditioned and health and fitness conscientious members through demographics and psychographics than that of purchasing or renting quality lists based on the health club members buying and spending habits as well as their geographic location relative to the health club.
Unless you are a health spa, hospital, etc., your prime targets (health club members) come from a three (3) to ten (10) mile radius of your health club. Direct mail provides you with the perfect delivery system of your desired message and brand.
Your entire focus should be on making your health club’s name a household name for every resident within your radius and direct mail is the best vehicle to do that.
The only (and 0nly one) challenge to marketing your health club via direct mail is perceived cost and mail repetition.
The bottom line in business is the bottom line. All that should matter when it comes to health club marketing (other than when it is done with dignity and integrity) is the ROI. Direct mail by far surpasses any other medium when it comes to return on investment.
Cost is actually a great thing because with the cost of postage going up, your piece has less competition and therefore, produces a greater return.
Direct Mail Cons:
• Small percentages of people who receive direct mail open it.
Direct Mail Pros:
• Highly Selective.
• Specifically targets your desired market.
• Allows you to be creative in your advertising campaigns through visual aids.
• All people in your mailing list will receive the mail.
• Achieve higher ROI.
• Unlimited content; write a story if you’d like.
• Easy to track audience response effectively.
• Your costs are controlled.
• Full control in creativity and execution.
• Full control from start to stamp.
• Tangibility helps build a relationship.
• Connects more with customers.
• Most engaging medium of all advertising media.
• Involves essential sensory participation from a person.
• Allows you to create, rent or purchase customer databases.
• Hard to track by competitors until after releasing the mail.
• Positive results can be measured directly.
• Multiple uses.
Maximize your marketing efforts with direct mail and you will grow your health club and your health and fitness career.
For more free tips on increasing your health club membership base through health club marketing, health club promotions, professional health club membership sales, and advancing your health and fitness career visit us today @ www.healthclubmarketingmmc.com or call 904-448-5727.