SMS (Short Message Service) is a fantastic form of health club marketing but this medium is also far from inexpensive. SMS messaging is inexpensive to deliver if it is being sent from an in-house account but can be very expensive if controlled by a third party. It also can be extremely expensive to build your SMS list. SMS health club marketing in relative terms can either be extremely expensive or inexpensive depending if you are starting out with a qualified mobile list or not.
If you do not have a quality list to start with, you must first launch an initial health club marketing campaign via radio, print, Internet, etc., just to build your mobile list to allow you to launch an SMS health club marketing campaign. SMS health club marketing is an opt-in form of health club marketing so you must get the prospective member’s permission first before messaging him/her.
With that said, it is absolutely a great support medium for your health club campaigns and if you are smart you will begin to capture mobile numbers immediately so when the time comes for you to launch an SMS health club marketing campaign you will be prepared. Everything is being condensed to fit on mobile devices so brief when it comes to mobile health club marketing. One day in the near future it will be an excellent way to engage the deconditioned and health and fitness conscientious member, but for now it is absolutely dependent on other mediums to capture your health club member’s pertinent information.
Remember this old saying…luck, is when preparation meets opportunity.
• 94% of all text messages are read.
• Great sales and brand exposure.
• You got customer’s interest already in the beginning when they opted-in.
• Great for business announcements.
• Tangible reference that they can use and see whenever they need it later on.
• Mobile phones are diverse platforms.
• They come out in different sizes and may require you to make different ads for different phones, not to mention different ads for specific customers.
• Privacy issues.
• Requires user’s permission.
• Intolerance of advertising messages on a personal device.
• Questionable navigation on a mobile phone.
• The mobile phone usually comes with a small screen and no mouse.
• Most advanced features of mobile phones are under-used.
• Not all companies have websites for mobile platforms.
Mobile health club marketing also demands you to keep your message short and sweet. This requires a lot of knowledge of the psychology of health club marketing and professional sales as well.
Incorporate SMS into your health club marketing campaigns and you will grow your health club and your health and fitness career.
For more free tips on increasing your health club membership base through health club marketing, health club promotions, professional health club membership sales and advancing your health and fitness career visit us today @ www.healthclubmarketingmmc.com or call 904-448-5727.