• Facebook allows you to post quality pictures.
• Facebook now has enormous traffic.
• Facebook traffic is more targeted.
• Facebook advertising is easier to use than any of those that Google offers like Ad Sense.
• Don’t need to have an email list.
• Facebook allows you to post ads even without a website.
• Low Conversion Rates for e-Commerce because people use Facebook not to read your ad but to communicate with their friends and loved ones.
• Ad clutter. Because Facebook allows almost everyone to post ads, your ads can be posted with other irrelevant ads.
• Hard to capture your audience’s full attention since they are chatting, playing, or doing something else on Facebook.
• Facebook has no credibility in their advertisements.
• More and more people are using Twitter.
• It allows you to communicate to a large group of people.
• Great as a quick communication platform.
• Promote the blog and news content of your businesses.
• The most simple to use of all social media platforms.
• Twitter is one of the top sites for spammers.
• Twitter has a privacy statement which admits that they do share your personal information with 3rd party affiliates.
• Letters and wordings for your ads are very limited.
• Not all people use or understand Twitter.
• Twitter can be distracting.
I chose just to highlight Facebook and Twitter for this blog just as examples but there are hundreds of social media sites. Most of them don’t produce benefits worthwhile enough to justify the time taken or the effort made to sign up and register with them. As far as producing any measurable results when it comes to growing your health club…well, let’s just say…“be patient”, it’s going to take a while.
You get what you pay for in life; you get back what you put out, and so on. If you are looking to find free health club marketing mediums, they are some out there. But if you are looking to launch a health club marketing campaign to grow your health club you might want to look at mediums that are going to produce the desired result you want.
Social media is great for what it is, but it has yet to evolve into a great tool for marketing health clubs that rely on their immediate market for their financial freedom.
For more free tips on increasing your health club membership base through health club marketing, health club promotions, professional health club membership sales, and advancing your health and fitness career visit us today @ www.healthclubmarketingmmc.com or call 904-448-5727.